Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Wallpaper woes

I am sure there are a couple other bloggers out there who can commiserate with me on wallpaper. 

Boy were we shocked when the countertop came off today and this gem of a wall was unearthed.

Not one but 2 layers of loveliness. Our countertops are not that tall, it's where the backsplash used to be. 

So if you guessed correctly, I will be removing wallpaper this weekend. 

Today the measuring guy came out & measured our not so square walls. So he needed to take off the countertop to get an accurate read. We were planning on taking them out ourselves. Saving us a few $$. He helped us since he wanted them off to measure it so he didn't charge us a thing. 

So our kitchen looks like this for the next week. 


I'm glad I took everything out of the cabinets last weekend, because it kicked up a lot of dust already. 


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some lovely paper! I especially like the red/orange one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that red/orange quilt pattern is being stubborn about coming off. Like taking off the drywall with it. (ugghhh)

      Delete
  3. Noooo, wallpaper is the worst! We renovated a house that was built in the forties, and it had a layer of wallpaper from every. single. decade. So awful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankfully my house was built in the 70's. I found another pattern on the CEILING, when I was taking the light fixture off.. who wallpapers the ceiling.

      Delete