I definitely think you'll be inspired. By all the gardens at Cari's.
This is my cherry tree & hostas underneath. I plant some blue lobelia for contrasting color. ( backyard)
It used to overtake about 30' of our backyard, we spent 2 summers cutting back, but it just grows back, we rototilled & pulled root systems out. It still acts as a hedge, we try to keep it very contained. it's about 10 feet out of the comfort zone that I like it to be in, but I'm limited to what I can do, so a little at a time, & then I dry it & burn it in our fire pit. It sounds like firecrackers when it burns, because it is hollow. Without the leaves, it looks like bamboo.
Dwarf lilac in my front yard garden.
Here was is my veggie garden, before planting.
My back woodline. The stuff growing ( invasive) is called Japanese knotweed is a member of the buckwheat family but its cane-like stems -- which can grow taller than 10 feet -- make it look and feel like bamboo, so it's often called that.
Veggie garden planted, tomatoes , basil, cilantro, red pepper, and marigolds.
My front garden, burning bushes, upright Japanese maple, a couple of hostas, Stella d'oro day lilies that got huge. There are pink moss roses in the corner for some annual color.
Another from garden, dwarf lilacs, boxwoods, and a dwarf Japanese maple.
Side of my house. Various day lilies. This gets full sun.
These were all saved from a church that was slated for demo.
North side of my house. Full shade. All hostas. These were saved from my neighbor, when she built a new deck & the hostas were all going to be torn out.
Planter on my front porch. ( from the moss rose family)
My herb garden. Chives, thyme, mint, there are a couple of peonies ( that never bloom) mixed in there.
Another view of the herb jungle. ( I cut back the mint every year, but it just gets bigger & bigger )











Thanks,
ReplyDeleteYour garden is beautiful!!! Prettttttttty!!!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite thing in the garden is a plant with a history- like your day lilies from an old church, or the hostas from your neighbors. I don't know why, but there's something about plants that have a story that I love so much.
ReplyDeleteAnd I feel your knotweed pain. We've got pachysandra here, which I've spent most of my spring trying to rip out. That stuff is the northern version of kudzu. And it's not even good for burning.