1 year ago.. I told you that we were expecting Andrew . At that happy moment, I would have never predicted what the months ahead held for us.
Here it is June again.. and I have news that we are expecting. YES! Due the beginning of February 2015. This little one, is due almost exactly when Andrew was due. It's been hard to grasp my head around it. So much, I didn't even take a HPT. I knew I was going to have to bloodwork drawn, so I just waited for those results, even though I knew the answer. ( sore BB's, getting up to pee 3 x a night ).
I am trying to stay calm, and not worry, but it is very hard!
I lay awake at night and pray. What do I do to make this pregnancy different.
I just want to hold a living child in my arms.
My progesterone 1st day was 31.7 & HCG was 144 ( friday)
2nd draw progesterone was 22.2 & HCG was 376 ( monday)
3rd draw progesterone was 31.6 & HCG was 768 ( wednesday)
For now, I was told, my progesterone is fine, no supplementation. (I've never had an issue with progesterone during pregnancy, just have taken it post -peak)
I see the doctor on the 17th for an ultrasound & visit, for what I'm sure will be the first of many visits this time. I don't remember exactly at what point, I will be going in weekly for ultrasounds for them to measure my cervix ( their theory of why I had Andrew early). If there are any abnormal changes, I may get a cerclage.
I have NaPro to thank, for helping me get pregnant again. Femara, Progesterone, vitamins, diet, is the cocktail for me.
For those of you waiting for your NaPro miracle, don't give up HOPE. I am 8 years into this journey. It's never been easy, there has never been a miracle cure. There is no one cure-all for every condition. I like Acccounting so much better 1+2 = 3 . NaPro takes patience, time, communication, and respect.
What I've learned in the last year, don't stop living life. My husband & I have been saving our money & did a few things around the house & then were going to take a well deserved vacation this fall. I kept saying well what If I get pregnant? If I do, then we keep in the bank & go when the baby is little. We still may get to take a vacation in the fall, it won't be the all inclusive with free liquor, that I had hoped for, but expecting a little one, is much better. So what I'm getting at, don't hold off doing something, just because of the "what if's". If it happens, you'll deal with it & roll with the punches.
Congratulations!!! I will pray for you all!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Glad Napro worked for you.
ReplyDeleteI know I don't comment much but I do pop in here frequently. Your story is one that often comes up as I pray for the intentions of people who need them. Congratulations, I will most definitely be praying for you and baby!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is such exciting news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I understand the fear and worry, you have been through a lot. Just keep taking it day by day and pray to God for peace!!!! You will do great!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Praying for a healthy & happy 9 months!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! So excited for you. Praying this little one comes home with you in 2015!! As someone who brought a little one home almost a year after 2 back to back losses (both the same time frame), I know how hard it can be to be living through those milestones a year later in a much different situation. Praying especially for you!! Have you talked with your doctor about periodic progesterone checks to make sure your levels stay ok? I know some drs say progesterone support prevents pre-term labor. Not sure if it was pre-term labor or infection for you last year?? Either way, progesterone would help if that seems to be a recurring problem. Just something to file away in the back of your head. Anyways, I've blabbed too much. So happy for you!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! So excited for you! I will keep you and baby in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteGod is so very good! Prayers coming and continuing!
ReplyDeleteHow did I miss this?!?! I knew I was a little out of the loop, but I am just now seeing this!! I am so excited for you, but I am praying for you as well. I so hope and will be praying that you will finally get the joy of holding and raising this little one here on earth.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! Such great news!! :D
ReplyDelete