I was asked to make cupcakes for my nieces first birthday this weekend.
They requested Lemon cupcakes & Cherry Chip cupcakes.
I am going to put cream cheese icing on the cherry chip..
but the Lemon, I was thinking raspberry.. but need a recipe..
anyone have a recipe that they've used before they want to share ?? or another suggestion for the Lemon cupcakes.
Oh yeah, making Chocolate Zucchini cupcakes too.. shhh.we just won't tell anyone they have zucchini in them.
I've been a professional baker for 10 years. I've got lots of ideas. Do you have an email? I can send you some ideas. If not, vanilla buttercream on lemon cupcakes with fresh blueberries is perfect. So it strawberry or raspberry buttercream - they turn out like pink lemonade - you can even put colored sugar on the edges of the frosting to foster that idea further. I also recommend filling them with lemon curd (no need to make it homemade if you don't want - the jarred version is delicious and a time saved). Also - don't forget how wonderful and simple meringue can be! Either the meringue frosting or true meringue (those turn out amazing with the curd filling).
ReplyDeleteHope that helps!
No good recipes, but those sound fantastic! Send me some, please! ;)
ReplyDeleteYummy-!!! Especially chocolate zucchini! :-)
ReplyDelete...and in case you want to make a rather simple (yet often impresses everyone) meringue buttercream - this recipe turns out amazing every time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-YxuBKB92U
ReplyDelete