Saturday, January 24, 2015

David

David 1-21-2015 born sleeping, and entered in to the gates of heaven to be with all the other saints



Our family picture. 


 
 
 
**Disclaimer** I aim to be real here. 
Because of our situation, we were not allowed to clean or bathe him, so he still has most of the vernix in place. Where his skin it looks brighter, is where it naturally came off on it's own. 
2/25/15 Clarification. What we believed/assumed to be vernix, was actually David's skin peeling. Peeling occurs after being deceased several days in utero. Also explains the discoloration of his skin. Also babies heads start to cave ( I didn't take a picture of this) but I visually remember it, as a result of the lack of oxygen/blood flow.  My OB, not at the delivery, but from looking at my detailed pictures, says, he likely had been gone for 3 days. Since I delivered on a Wednesday, that would put him at Sunday passing in utero.










I am working on a longer post, but getting all my thoughts into a coherent post, is a challenge. 

I feel comfortable answering any questions anyone has about still birth. I don't feel it should be so taboo as people  think it may be. 1 in 160 births ends in stillbirth. Shocking but how many people do you hear talking about it?

More in future posts. 

+peace


46 comments:

  1. Oh, look at your precious little David! Thank you for sharing him with us. Praying for you and your husband and all your family. I do wish more people would talk about stillbirth. It is surprising how common it is. I hope you will find many ways to celebrate David's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David is so handsome, perfect reflection of you two! So brave! I look at you three and I am brought to the realization that courage and unconditional love is present! Xoxo. So glad God has given you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your pictures of your sweet David with us. Continued prayers for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. David - beloved son of God - pray for us ... my condolences on your loss of this precious little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh K, he is so beautiful. The pictures take my breath away. And that hair…oh sweet boy, you are loved by so many. David, please pray for us! Thank you for being real. I prayed for you at Mass this evening. Much love to you and M. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M- Thank you so much for your prayers. I'm sure David has met up with your girls in heaven..

      Delete
    2. Oh K - I hope there is an amazing heavenly playground with lots of slides and swings and monkey bars and all of our children are playing and laughing and Mother Mary is watching over them. That gives me comfort sometimes.

      Delete
  6. K, David is beautiful, vernix and all. I look at that photo of your family in that top picture and am immediately struck by the beauty that your marriage created in this child. Those precious little lips! Praying for your family today and always. Your courage to talk about this and to remove the silence and taboo from it are just awe inspiring. God bless. Love and hugs to you and M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David hid his lips, in ultrasounds.. he would have his hands covering them.. I guess to keep them nice & rosey..

      Delete
  7. I have been thinking of you and praying for you guys all week, and will continue to do so. David is so precious! I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful boy. Saint David pray for us!! Thank you for sharing him with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh look at that hair! What a handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. His hair has been waving to us in ultrasounds for months.

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing your photos with us. Your strength and faith are such a witness to God's love. Continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been praying for you. He's beautiful. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank your for sharing your precious angel. Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a precious little guy. Thanks for sharing pictures of him. Continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw hun I am so sorry! Praying for you all. Please let me know if you need anything at all. It is so hard to go through this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. He's so beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you said you'd answer questions so I hope mine isn't out of line... Why wouldn't they clean him up and bathe him for you? It just seems like it would be just as important. He's beautiful regardless, it just kinda made me annoyed, he deserves a bath too.. Unless you specifically asked them not to or they have a good reason I am unaware of. Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, sorry for the long delay in response. After showing my pictures to my OB at my follow up, I got clarification, on the bathing him. What we assumed to be vernix, was actually his skin. If they had bathed him, it would have not been a pretty site. The skin was peeling, due to him having been deceased for more than a few hours inside of me. ( a couple days in utero ).

      Delete
  16. What a gorgeous little boy. Takes my breath away to see him so perfect. And the love surrounding him! Thank you for giving him life eternal, and now we simply await the heavenly reunion! Beautiful child, perfect in every way, and a noble, strong name. God bless you and comfort you! This life is but a blink....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful and precious little boy. All the love in the world to David and your family. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  18. David is so beautiful. I've never seen anyone share photos like these of a stillborn baby and I truly admire and thank you for it. He is just as perfect as a baby born alive and just as adorable, and just as much made in the image of God. You are right; it is nothing to hide. I love the photo of his little hands.
    May God's peace and comfort be with you both. With many thoughts and prayers, Emily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily. It's been healing to be able to share, my experience. 1 in 160 births are stillborn. So I hope for the next woman who has to go thru this, may be more at ease if this ever happens to her.

      Delete
  19. David is beautiful as the others have stated...God's perfect creation. I don't have any words but truly send to you and your family my deepest condolences. Thank you for sharing the pictures of David and for sharing the statistic...I had no idea how many babies are born into our Lord's arms.

    ReplyDelete
  20. He is beautiful. I am holding you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for sharing your precious son David with us <3 You are continually in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, he is beautiful!! I haven't ever commented before, but I wanted to thank you you for sharing him. Our daughter, Elisa, was stillborn just a day earlier on January 20th. I would like to think they are both looking down on us from heaven as they play. I will be praying for you and your family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria.. I'm sure they are playing now in the eternal playground.

      Delete
  23. David is beautiful! So perfectly and wonderfully made.
    Always keeping you close in thought and prayer. <3

    ReplyDelete