The most humbling for me over the last week, is being able to admit I cannot do it ALL anymore.
I usually am the one holding everyone together. I am keeping a united front. But ! I have been asking for HELP. Which is not something I like doing, maybe I like being in control?
Some people may laugh, but I had a hard time letting someone come in and clean my house. Yes I did like the result. But I feel so incapacitated. Healing & resting does not come easy for me.
Maybe once David's funeral is done this weekend, I can take it easy. I just want things to be perfect. Still don't think I'll relax-relax. Maybe just chill a little more.
+peace
Asking for help is the best thing you can do for yourself right now..as hard as it is...it's what you need. Later on...you'll appreciate that you took some time for yourself. Praying for you as you try to heal and find time to relax some.
ReplyDeleteWhy is asking for help so hard?... I dont know, but its tough for me too!!!!! Good job letting someone come and clean! Hope the funeral goes ok.
ReplyDeleteI think it is tough for us all to ask for help. But I can understand how it might be so difficult for you right now :( Continued prayers fro you and I pray David's funeral is beautiful, peaceful and healing for you.
ReplyDeletePraying for you this weekend! I think it is always harder to accept help when you are far more used to being the one offering it.
ReplyDelete