Friday, June 27, 2014

Progesterone ..


So I've been watching my progesterone/ HCG #'s on  a cool online portal from my lab.

Now I'm freaked out.

Week 4 Day 1   Progesterone 31.7  HCG 144
Week 4 Day 3  Progesterone 22.2   HCG 376
Week 4 Day 5  Progesterone 31.6 HCG 768

Week 6 Day 3  Progesterone 30.7 HCG  -not listed

Week 7 Day 3  Progesterone 18   HCG 76748


*Note* I am not currently on supplementation for Progesterone. I was on Progesterone (oral) post peak.

When I look at the PPVI zone chart ( very hard to read mind you ) It looks like around week 8 the Progesterone dips, is there a reason for this. You see I'm not to happy that mine is at 18.

Am I having a freak out for no reason?

Are their other factors, that can alter progesterone, I thought I read, if you were over/under hydrated it can affect it , but now I can't find the specific article.

My doctors office hasn't called with the results, should I call them & be persistent & find out what their plan is?

Update: Nurse called. She tried doing, your results are in & all OK. I was like I'm not comfortable with them. So thru the conversation I learned, she hadn't verified them with the Dr. she was just using guidelines the office uses, to interpret results & call back.  So she sent the Dr. an e-note. I asked if he could clarify the results vs. NAPRO Zone chart.  She also said, that she's leaving at 2 & the dr. gets in at 1, so it may be monday that I get a call from her. I was like I have to ponder this ALL weekend.. she said.. oh you have nothing to worry about. ( wrong thing to say).  In other fun news, when I was in to the Dr. on the 17th he ran some cultures, down there.. and something came back Positive. So I get to start 5 day Zithromax. he wants to see me in a week, conveniently I'll be there next week for a nurse visit (required by this practice -- I swear I'm going to be living at this office ).buttt. they won't squeeze me in, said he is booked. I'm like really you can't add me to the end of the day? NOPE iron clad steel gates, won't be accomodating.  So I have to drive out there the next week to have the cultures re-run.

June Lab/Office Visit count : 6
July - Lab/Office Visit count :8  ( booked )

11 comments:

  1. Ugh, I am sorry this so nerve-wracking.

    When I was pregnant my progesterone numbers dipped around week 8. It was scary. Everything turned out well, though, and the rest of pregnancy went well. I don't know if it is a normal occurrence, but it did happen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K - do you have some oral progesterone remaining? Could you take some to tide you over until the next appt (better safe than sorry kind of thing).

    Yes, I have had dips in progesterone throughout all my pregnancies, but I was on supplementation the whole time. Just a thought. I am sorry you are having to worry about this. Progesterone questions have been my nemesis through all of my pregnancies. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to take some of my leftover progesterone, until i know it' up in a better area. Dislike when the nurse tells, me Just don't worry about it, you're fine.

      Delete
  3. If it would help, I have an Excel chart you can use. It has the PPVI institute zones of progesterone in pregnancy graph and you just plug in your values on the side and it graphs them so you can see where you are with a red line over top of their exact chart. Let me know if that would be helpful and we can figure out to get it to you.

    Sorry you are having a tough time. I will pray for peace over the weekend for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would you mind e-mail it to me ; Luckysunshine25 (at) gmail (dot) com

      thanks in advance.

      Delete
    2. Just sent it your way. The comment below though makes a great point. I was just in a discussion with a NaPro MC that confirmed (at least in Virginia) that the Qwest labs are not calibrated to PPVI numbers. They have tried negotiating with them for a while, but nothing yet. That said, I know that LabCorp definitely is calibrated...so just use the information knowing that the chart was really developed for the calibrated values and your info is likely off because it came from different places that aren't calibrated. The values could be higher and you wouldn't have any way to know it. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  4. I agree with JBTC. If you have extra progesterone left over, I would take it. Especially since your body is battling some sort of infection or something with the positive culture. Also, I have heard from a couple of different people that progesterone is most accurate if your blood draw is done in the morning (right when you wake up and before eating anything, I seem to remember). With that said, I'm not able to follow that, but I do try to have it drawn in the morning when I'm getting it checked. Also, I heard Lab Corp is calibrated to the PPVI lab values. Qwest is not, I believe. Not sure where you are having yours drawn/sent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might answer one of my questions, 4 out of 5 have been drawn at Quest, 1 was drawn via hospital lab. 1,2,3,,5 have been drawn first thing in morning with no food, just water. --thanks for the info

      Delete
  5. So stressful! And having to sit and wait while you're worried like that is AWFUL :( Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been praying for you all weekend! Hoping you get some decent information and good news this morning!

    ReplyDelete