Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fraud Warning

I told you several weeks ago in a  previous blog post about a security/ fraud warning at the "Bullseye" store.

As an update to that..  Even though I love a good deal. Who can't resist 5% off every time you shop there. I am cutting up my Target Debit card !!

The store ( where 90% of the fraud happened ) won't press charges against the individual ( they have a name & everything ) They won't release the name to my sister so she can press charges.  She is pursuing another city, where one event occured, we have a friend who works in the police dept, that said he will do what he can.

She has not heard definitively if she is out the money or if they are reimbursing her. Either way,they have been causing a lot of undo stress.

I also heard another story from my works credit union rep, he had the same thing happen to a member. ( in the last 2-3 months ) their debit card was used to purchase 15- NEW i-Pads. They hadn't been delivered ( to the address ). NO ONE would intercept the delivery to obtain the stolen/fraudently purchased pads. Again, because the debit card is backed by the bullseye chain. It's up to their discretion, to pursue action & give you your money back.

The credit union rep, said tell as many people as you can. With the holidays coming up, I wouldn't want anyone else to be put in the same predicament.

Think twice about using your Target Red Card !

1 comment:

  1. We don't have a red card. We never sign up for store cards because we hate credit cards in the first place.

    ReplyDelete