Sweetest Day.
Invented by candy makers in Cleveland & not hallmark, but of course they got on the bandwagon.too. It's celebrated on the third Saturday in October. Primarily in Midwest states.
A candy maker in Detroit got on the sweet bandwagon too, so very big in Detroit & Cleveland.
So it's a day for friends, family & lovers to give each other cards, candy, flowers similar to valentines day. Remind each other that you love them.
It has particular importance to me, 23 years ago, I asked my sweetie out on a date ( dance). He told me no! But I didn't take that as a final answer. I pursued again. & we went on a first date in November.
Happy sweetest day honey.


Yay!!!!! my parents celebrated sweetest day when I was growing up, so I have fond memories of it.
ReplyDeleteNot that many areas of the country celebrate it anymore.
Delete