Since we dropped out mid-class with Andrew, the instructor, invited us back, when we got pregnant again. She is a sweet lady. I do contribute the calm of Andrew's birth to having learned the fundamentals of Hypnobirthing. ( we only made it thru half the classes ). The hospital we birth at, mostly does " online" classes for birth.. WHAT.. no instructor, no questions, just watch videos.. I was looking for a little more, and remember a blogger talking about hypnobirthing. Then fate would have it, my doctor had a card in the exam rooms for Hypnobirthing. He said it would be very beneficial.
So hypnobirthing is not someone hypnotizing you! You & your partner Learn:
- Deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and pain
- Greatly reduces and often eliminates the need for harmful drugs for you and your baby
- Shortens the first phase of labor
- Leaves mother alert, fresh, awake and with energy
- Helps keep oxygen supplied to baby during birthing
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy
- Reduces and often eliminates fatigue during labor
- Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle, peaceful birth for themselves and their baby
- Gives the birthing companion an integral role in the birthing process
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting
- Teaches breathing techniques that allow a woman to gently breathe her baby into the world without the violence of hard, physical pushing
Hospital classes focus on what they want you "know" . Like c-section, epidural, & iv's. In hypnobirthing, we've learned both sides of our choices. They encourage us to discuss birth preferences, ahead of time, ahead of "birth" day. I've started to have some of those conversations with my dr already. Since I'm labeled a little more higher risk than the average person. Conversation went well. I will be allowed to do as much natural as possible as long as i stay calm & keep my blood pressure under control. ( biggest factor).
Hypnobirthing encourages you to keep the birth very calm & peaceful. For us, that will mean, just hubs & I and medical staff, no others. They encourage you to keep the room dimmly lit, calming music, very little intervention, unless necessary. That's our plan, but we will be open to modifications, to have the best outcome for peanut.
If you have any questions . I would be happy to answer them.

No comments:
Post a Comment