I am not usally one to post PSA's or advice.
Please be careful if you have a popular store's debit card.. their logo has a bullseye in it.
My sister's debit card, you know the one where you save 5% every time you use it in store, was stolen recently, the day before she left for a business trip & was out of the country, so she didn't receive any of her credit union's warnings, about unusual use & they didn't put a hold on the account.
The credit union & the bullseye store are fighting about who is liable; all the while she is out the $$$$$ .. most all charges were at the same store.. which doesn't happen to be cooperating.
If the bullseye store denies it she is out 100% of the thousands they swiped.. ( which at this point, has not been helpful )
She is waiting to hear back from the detective, but everyone is being quiet about what they say.
Please use this as a warning to make sure you get your card back when you use it, and make sure no one is luring over your shoulder getting a glimpse at your pin.
That is scary. It pays to keep attention to everything when at the register. Today I walked into a store only to realize my very expensive phone was left on the front seat of my car....I quickly went to my car and got it...and thankful it was still there. I was thinking about other things when I got to the store and just was not paying attention.
ReplyDeleteI am guilty of that often too.
Deleteoh no, how awful!
ReplyDeleteYes.. told her that if they deny the payback. I will support by not shopping there. I hope by no response from the detective & them, they have some leads and are looking into them.
Delete