Friday, October 17, 2014

24 Weeks - Yeah !!

How far along? 24 weeks

Clothing? 1/2 and 1/2 a few maternity pants, some elastic waist pants. Tops are a mix too. I'm not a fan of the maternity tops that have the ties & that seems all I can find appropriate for work. The maternity dresses I purchased - i still don't fill them in, so they look huge.
Stretch marks? No.

Sleep? Love to sleep.. Can't get enough of it.
 
Best moment of this week? peanut doesn't like his picture taken anymore. Peanut hid from the ultrasound tech ( hands covering face, then covering his belly, all while kicking away -- I called it his in-utero temper tantrum.)

Worst moment of this week? Blood sugar #'s uggghh.. You have one cider mill donut & they go all whacky!

Miss anything? Wine & Apple desserts.

Movement? OMG. I'm gestating the next  Detroit Lions kicker. ( they have some issues on the field right now & my litle peanut, definitely is up for the job )

Symptoms? Cranky.

Food cravings? Greek Yogurt  ( not by choice ) there are a lot of things I would love to eat, but just can't!!.

Gender? okay are you ready !!!  B O Y !!!! 

Labor Signs? NONE, I'll keep it that way for another 14-15 weeks.

Belly button in or out? in
 
Wedding rings on or off? On. no issues with swelling.

Mood? Cranky & overwhelmed at times.

Rituals?  Hubs & I talk to peanut at bedtime.
 
Milestones? 24 weeks.. happiest moment so far ...  started a registry for peanut too. 

Looking forward to? Shopping next weekend for peanut, and a baby fair at our hospital & a mom's to mom sale at the church next to the hospital. Hoping to pick up some newborn clothes.

I was super stoked when at the doctor today, we were reviewing my chart & I've only gained 4 lbs so far. he said expect that after delivering baby, I'll be less than my starting weight..  he doesn't expect me to gain a lot.. he expects no more than 8-10 more lbs.   Which leads to I don't really look pregnant. Seriously.. only way, I can pull off not telling family this long. Hubs wants to wait til Thanksgiving.. Really I'll be 30 weeks then.. hard to imagine. This really all is hard to imagine. hard to imagine I'm really at viability now.

So help with names for peanut are welcome.. we have a long list of  "names out of the running". Not because we don't like then, only because his cousins have these names & we really want him to have his "own" name.

So out of the running are: Joseph, Louis, Andrew, James, John, Jack, Thomas, Alex, Ethan, Luke, Brady, Liam, Frances, Matthew. Patrick, Ryan,
We are not opposed to one of those being a middle name, but not the first. Hubs is also opposed to peanut having the same first name as him. ( he & his dad have the same first name, different middles but same initials, it has caused many headaches in the financial world - credit, etc ) so he doesn't wish to bear that on his son. No one has used that first name, waiting on one of the sons to have a son so they can be named after grandpa ( huge pressure -since we are the first to have a son, with the family last name )

5 comments:

  1. yAY for 24 weeks! So exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad about this huge milestone. Continued prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you've reached 24 weeks! I will be praying for you and offering up my labor pain (whenever that starts) for you and Peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A BOY!!!!!!!! How amazing!!!!!!! Congrats on viability...it is an awesome milestone. Continued prayers for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! A BOY!!!! :D :D :D How exciting!

    Ok, so name ideas. Keep in mind, I tend to like traditional names. :) Don't judge too much!

    Anthelm
    Blaise
    Eliot
    Emmett
    Ezra
    Felix
    Fulton
    Graham
    Isaac
    Jude
    Julian
    Luke
    Malcolm
    Micah
    Nigel
    Noah
    Oliver
    Owen
    Raphael
    Rupert
    Sebastian
    Silas
    Simon
    Sylvester
    Theodore
    Walt

    ReplyDelete