I can't believe it has been 1 year since Andrew was born & left us.
We started the day today mass at 6:30am that was said for him. ( by my sweet grandma ) she also gave us a check & told us to go out & do something for us. ( BTW ) we have not told any IRL, family about peanut. I think it's our heart ache we are trying to protect.. More my husbands request, he said Thanksgiving will work for him.
I don't expect any of his family or any others in our family to acknowledge our loss. Which is sad for the "Pro-Life" people they claim to be.
The priest who said mass Fr. P, also was the same one who did Andrew's funeral a year ago. I love his homilies.. morning mass they keep very short, but his homily was about today being the feast of the Guardian Angels.. and how we are called to be Saints, we work towards being Saints and only God picks special people to be Angels. He went on to say we always have a Guardian Angel with us, weither or not we "feel" or "see" their presence, they are always with us. I always feel that Fr. P's homilies are spot on for what I need for the day/week/month. It's like he's talking just to me.
I'm so sorry for your loss, these days are so hard. Take comfort in your husband and the kind words/actions of others--your grandmother's gesture is so sweet. I know that Andrew is watching over you and peanut from heaven. God bless your family.
ReplyDeleteThanks MH !
DeletePraying for you extra today.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kat !
DeletePraying for you, friend! I love your Grandma's thoughtful gesture as well.
ReplyDeleteThank you!!
DeleteHow wonderful you had a Mass said for your baby boy. I remember all the Masses people had said for our Gregory in the months after he was born/died and it was very comforting. Most of my family didn't acknowledge the 1-year anniversary of Gregory either, but his Godparents did, and our family did and that worked for us. Hang in there and praying for you and asking both of your little saints to intercede for you.
ReplyDeleteMy heart breaks when I think of how much pain and sorrow you've experienced. I'm so sorry for your loss. Anniversaries like this are so hard. Hugs!
ReplyDelete